Pharmacies fill thousands of prescriptions each day. With such high volumes of customers, pharmacists can easily make serious medication errors resulting in consumption of the wrong medication and/or dangerous drug interactions. These errors can prove to be harmful or even fatal to unsuspecting customers.
If you or a loved one was issued the wrong medication and suffered significant physical harm as a result, you may have a claim for pharmacy malpractice. Contact Corsiglia, McMahon, & Allard, L.L.P. for a free consultation with an experienced lawyer.
At Corsiglia, McMahon, & Allard, L.L.P., we are dedicated to holding negligent pharmacies and hospitals liable for their actions. Our lawyers have the knowledge and experience needed to prepare strong pharmacy malpractice cases.
There are several potential causes of medication errors, including:
- The pharmacy has improperly filled your prescription or given you the wrong dosage
- The pharmacy provides you with the wrong instructions or warning labels for your medication
- The pharmacy fails to inform you of potential allergic reactions or drug interactions from your multiple prescriptions
- Doctors provide the pharmacy with illegible prescriptions resulting in the wrong Rx or medicine being administered
- Doctors prescribe the wrong medicine or an incorrect dosage (this may also lead to a doctor malpractice claim)
- Hospital staff administers the wrong medication, gives medication at the wrong time or provides a patient with an incorrect dosage (this may also result in a hospital malpractice claim)
Our highly skilled attorneys have extensive experience handling pharmacy malpractice claims, and will always treat you with the respect and compassion you deserve. If you have suffered injury because of a pharmacy error, contact our pharmacy malpractice attorneys in San Jose, California at (408) 289-1417. We take most cases on contingency and offer free initial consultations.