Timothy D. McMahon
Phone: (408) 289-1417
Phone: (408) 298-7200
96 N 3rd St #620
San Jose, California 95112
Timothy D. McMahon is a San Jose, California personal injury attorney and has represented the seriously injured since 1984. Mr. McMahon represents clients in personal injury cases throughout California and the Western United States.
Mr. McMahon graduated from the University of California at Santa Barbara in Pharmacology with High Honors. Prior to attending law school he worked with physicians and scientists at a research hospital studying the biochemical effects of diabetes and other diseases. Mr. McMahon subsequently attended the University of Santa Clara School of Law where he earned his Juris Doctor (J.D.), graduating Magna Cum Laude and in the top ten of his class. His detailed knowledge of medicine and biochemistry is well known among his colleagues and is possibly unique in the field of personal injury.
Mr. McMahon has been recognized by Super Lawyers since 2008, was selected as the 2013 Santa Clara County Trial Lawyer of the Year, and was also named a Street Fighter of the Year finalist in 2010 by the California Consumer Attorneys. Mr. McMahon is a proud member of the Irish Legal 100 which recognizes the top 100 Irish American Attorneys in the United States, and has also been included in The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 in California since 2012. He is an associate member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), a distinguished association recognizing the top trial lawyers in the country.
Strong standing and character within the legal community is essential. With a track record of success, Mr. McMahon has been recognized by both judges and lawyers as a formidable adversary and one of the top trial lawyers in the state. His attention to detail and scientific approach to personal injury is unparalleled.
J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, CA, 1984
Magna cum laude
B.A, University of California at Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA, 1979
High Honors, Pharmacology
American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
Member Since: 2005
Santa Clara County Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors
Consumer Attorneys of California
- Nation's Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Santa Clara County Trial Lawyer of the Year, 2013
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2012-Present
- Top 100 Irish American Attorneys, Irish Voice Newspaper, 2011
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent Rating, 2009-Present
- Preeminent Lawyers of America, LexisNexis, 2009
- Rated by Super Lawyers, 2008-Present
- Finalist for the "Street Fighter of the Year Award," Consumer Attorneys of California
- American Board of Trial Advocates Associate, 2006
- McMahon & Allard, Founder, 2005-2007
- Popelka Allard, Associate and Partner, 1984-2005